top of page
To get this project off the ground a lot of initial research had to be done. This included extensive surveying and data analysis in both a quantitative and qualitative application. Meaning a lot of in-person interviews, as well as online questionnaires, had to be made. My focus was to speak with people from many different walks of life. Freshman, Sophomore, Juniors, Seniors, Graduates, International, Transfer — you name it. With this collected data I was able to make the chart below which visualizes the importance of matters based on University classification. This data was then used as a deciding factor on what would and wouldn't be featured on the final prototype application.
Based on the data above I was able to quickly determine what I wanted the main features of the application to be. This early research essentially determined what my taskbar would look like. I knew I had to focus on classes (specifically registration), bus routes, events, and social happenings around campus that encouraged people to get involved.
Once my core functions were determined I site-mapped out the entire application. This put into perspective how big of a task was at hand and helped me visualize what needed to be prioritized and developed first.
From here I started working on my initial wire-framing. I say initial because it ends up not being the way I go with the application. After user-testing and many refinements, I realized that I was pushing too hard for an aesthetical reason and not keeping in mind the practicality of the application. A huge learning experience.
I then took the data I gathered from user-testing on the wireframes and went back to the drawing board. It was difficult to let go of something I had worked so hard on but I had to keep in mind that I was designing for the user and not for myself. This led me to draw out the wireframes you see below which are the backbones I used to design the entire application out.
bottom of page